ASRS System for Warehouse Automation
A high movement warehouse with many storage locations requires a Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS). Our warehouse automation systems are designed not only to save space, but also for improving the efficiency and optimising the costs. In an automated warehouse, the ASRS system is used to get the right parts, packages, pallets, fixtures, and tools to the right place at the right time. For efficient and fast operation, in an automated warehouse, a high performance storage and retrieval system with material transportation is required.
Our Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS):
- Optimise the available space and storage requirement
- Provide accurate inventory information with age
- Manage storage and retrieval at high-speed and high-accuracy
- Eliminate damages from manual handling and dependency on labor
- Run on automation software developed by in-house experts
- Integrate with ERP/MIS system for planning and inventory management
An Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) typically consists of racking system for storage, storing and retrieving machine, a controlling system and a inventory/order management software. They are highly suitable for automotive industry, chemical industry, food industry, textile industry, pharmacy industry, transportation industry, and warehouse automation.
Benefits of ASRS Systems in an Automated Warehouse
- Compact Footprint – ASRS technologies provide highly dense storage and can save up to 85% of floor space occupied by storage. Improve warehouse utilisation, reduce storage area, and save land investment
- Reduced Labor Requirements – ASRS systems require much less labor to operate when compared to manual operation. They allow users to easily and quickly retrieve items reducing the labor costs and dependency.
- Improved Pick Accuracy – Automated ASRS systems use pick to light technology to direct the operator to the exact location of the stored item, achieving 99.9% pick accuracy rates. They improve the accuracy and efficiency of inventory with automated/semi-automated identification.
- Increased Throughput – ASRS enables faster pick up to keep up with customer demand. It is easy to optimise the overall system, improve production efficiency and manage the logistics.
- Greater Inventory Control – ASRS solutions manage inventory so you always know what you have and more importantly – where it is and how old it is. They facilitate the formation of advanced logistics systems and improve the production management level of enterprises.
- Improved Safety & Ergonomics – ASRS technologies create a safe and ergonomic working environment for employees. Many safety interlocks are built-in to unsure accident-free operation
Common Warehouse Automation and ASRS Applications
In an automated warehouse, ASRS systems are used to manage different types of inventories – small parts, sub-assembly, work-in-process, maintenance and repair parts, large tools and dies, finished goods and packaged material. These systems find application in a variety of manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and logistic warehouses.
- Vertical Storage: Providing high density storage for parts, components, packages, etc. using the vertical space
- Order Picker: Offering compact, fast and reliable access to items required for distribution, bringing stored items to the operator for fast order fulfilment, supported by software integration
- Parts Kitting: Managing the process of receiving inventory, group (kitting) component parts for assembly and storing kits until required
- Buffering: Offering a highly dense storage solution for inventory or process buffering, for example using overhead power & free conveyor
- Assembly: Storing work-in-process or sub-assemblies for later use
- Tools, Dies & Moulds: Ergonomic and secure handling of heavy and often expensive tooling required in an automated production process
- Maintenance & Repair Parts: Providing compact storage of maintenance parts onsite to reduce downtime
- Replenishment & Returns: Managing inventory for replenishment and returns processes
- Spare Parts: Maintain stock of standard spare parts for quick delivery to the customers
For further reading see: